- Love – I really enjoy writing about love. Love poetry comes easy to me. However, most of my poetry is about the dark side of love and from that I write to inspire and let others know that love is only what we see, feel and believe in our hearts. With my love poetry I try to build a relationship with my readers in hopes that the words I write are the words they can’t say.
- Nature – I enjoy writing about nature and the spiritual side of it. I feel close to nature and her spirits when I write and dig deep within to find that sacred spot between Mother Nature & I. I find nature to be easy to write about because I have spent the majority of my life out among nature and the gifts of our planet. I can look at a flower and see more than just a flower, I may see a symbol to something that is lingering deep within me.
- Life experiences – I write a lot about my life experiences in hopes to give others a good look at life. Life can either be a one way street or a freeway. I prefer the freeway because of the lessons and chances there is. To me if life was just a one way street, just think how boring & ugly life would be. At least with life being a freeway when it gets to crazy or chaotic you can take an exit and escape from it every once in a while. Life is just one huge adventure. The adventures all have to happen depending on our attitude.
- Looking at the world through a child eye – I used to write a lot of childlike poems when my kids were younger. I still do, but just not as much as I liked to. I would love to write more poetry on how my youngest son sees life. He is autistic, so his inner thoughts and feelings are quite different from mine.
- On writing poetry or about writers – This is something I just started a few months ago and one that I find myself referring to the most when I write. I love writing about my passion of poetry. I enjoy twisting verses together about the writing experience.